Autumn 2021 Year 6 Clubs A new year with new students, amazing autumn light and brilliant pictures. Finally teaching face to face and a wonderful long term ahead that ends at Christmas !!
Welcome to Click
1. Cameras They should bring cameras to the lesson if they have them (with a reminder to take care of them during the day or leave them in the school office if applicable) On the evening before Click please check that cameras are charged and that they have space on their SD cards. Clean lenses are also very important. If you can buy them a lens cloth that will be a big help.
2. Using our cameras. If they don't have a camera we can provide a Canon compact - it would help us now if you tell us that they are likely to need one. In any case they will need their own SD card - so that they can bring home their pictures each week. 16 gb is perfect and they cost around £5
3. Assignments We set "assignments" most weeks. These are photographic projects relating to the lesson we've just done or in preparation for the next one. This term for example they will be asked to take Selfies - Autumn leaves and undertake some Composition exercises. The assignments are entirely optional for students. Some weeks they will have time and the light will be perfect and they'll shoot something - other weeks they will be too busy or conditions won't be right. It's all good. Hopefully everyone will be able to get hold of some kind of camera - or a cameraphone to shoot these assignments. USING A PHONE IS OK FOR ASSIGNMENTS !!! If you're going somewhere interesting or just out for an afternoon stroll in Bushy Park - encourage them to take along a camera and look for pictures.
In addition to this, they are always welcome to send us any great pictures they've taken that don't fit exactly into the assignment framework.
4. Just 8 - 10 Pictures please Sometimes students send us the entire contents of their camera. The record being 260 images taking up 1.3gb of download space and time. In the first week they can send more pics but please encourage them to edit their pics to their favourite 5 - editing being a very important part of the whole process.
We would like pics by 10pm on the evening before the club and would prefer not to have multiple emails. The Wetransfer link is the easiest way to do it. (They'll have a worksheet to explain it in their Click Books ) Ideally the kids should be able to do this themselves. We'd be lost without our children working the technology. We'll go through it in class in any case. If you send images on the day of the session they may not be shown that week - but will be reviewed in the following session.
Add files using the + Button -
Add your name & school -
6. Picture of the Week We award 2 or 3 POWs every week and print and display them in school and on our website. We will also be posting POWs to Facebook We rotate the winners of this as much as possible - but they need to send in pics to have a chance.
8. Website Each school has it's own dedicated gallery. We post student images and discuss them at the start of each session. There are is also a tutorial section to help teachers and students.
9. Awards At the end of each term we award a selection of prizes for Photography & Click Points (awarded for performance & behaviour in class)
10. Collection is from the designated release location at each school. We will ask all of you to tell us if they are being collected or walking home. If you are likely to be late for pick-up please the office or us. We will supply Teacher phone numbers to each school individually.
11. Behaviour Click is an afterschool activity but we do still need good behaviour - please remind them to behave and bring the same good attitude to our club as they bring to their other classes. Unlike school we do NOT have to put up with disruptive students and with just an hour each week we don't have time to do it. We will give 2 warnings before excluding students who persistently disrupt the class. (it's never happened but it's worth noting )
Drop us a line at Clickschools@gmail.com if you have any questions